If there was a productivity rulebook, what would it say? There are so many opinions these days on how to maximize your productivity and better manage your time. It’s hard to know which ones will actually work and which ones you’re just wasting your time on. If you’re looking for tried-and-true productivity tips that work (and ones that don’t), you’ve come to the right place. Here are 30 productivity do’s and don’ts you should live by.
1. Make it a habit to wake up earlier. The early bird gets the worm.
2. Create your to-do list. Then make sure you actually use it.
3. Organize your inbox daily. Don’t let emails multiply and take over.
4. Take short breaks. Even 15 minutes away from your desk can help you refocus.
5. Get 8 hours of sleep. The mind works better when it’s well rested.
6. Keep your desk organized. Clutter creates a stressful environment.
7. Cut down on meetings. Spend your time actually doing work.
8. Exercise routinely. Your body needs to be in shape to be able to keep up.
9. Ask for help. No one expects you to know everything.
10. Turn off your phone. Social media and texts are a huge distraction.
11. Plan ahead. The more your schedule, the less time you waste.
12. Go digital. Use apps to help you organize your life.
13. Eat a healthy breakfast. It’s the most important meal of the day.
14. Automate as much as possible. Your goal is always efficiency.
15. Make time for yourself. Burnout is a serious issue, don’t let it happen to you.
16. Waste time on the little things. Think about the big picture and the bottom line.
17. Stalk your inbox. Emails don’t need to be responded to the moment you get it.
18. Be afraid to say no. Your time is valuable too.
19. Drink too much coffee. A cup or two is fine but too much can make you jittery.
20. Sit at your desk all day. Get up and move around.
21. Multitask. Sometimes it’s OK but most of the time, it doesn’t help.
22. Be reactive. Be proactive.
23. Try to do it all yourself. Outsource what you can.
24. Answer your phone if you’re in the middle of something big. One small conversation can turn into a long one very easily.
25. Keep your eye on the clock. Just work.
26. Work harder, work smarter.
27. Check social media constantly. You don’t need to know what your friends are doing right this second.
28. Wait. Just do what you can right now.
29. Think negatively. The glass is half full, not empty.
30. Forget about the plan. At the end of the day, always work towards your goal.
What are you number 1 do’s and dont’s for productivity?