It came at a time when I was drowning in stress and near-burnout.
I’m talking about my discovery of Tim Ferriss’ timeless book, Four Hour Workweek.
I had no expectation that it would show me how to only work four hours per week.
Nor should you.
It’s about having a “Four Hour” mindset.
And it’s about freedom. Not having your work own you.
It’s also, of course, about productivity.
Tim’s book (and his podcast) have had a big impact on my life, and so here I share a selection of ten of his quotes that I like best:
- “You need to know what your unique strengths are and be willing to delegate.”
- “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is, too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.”
- “Tomorrow becomes never. No matter how small the task, take the first step now!”
- “Don’t follow a model that doesn’t work. If the recipe sucks, it doesn’t matter how good a cook you are.”
- “Focus on being productive instead of being busy.”
- “’Someday’ is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you.”
- “Creating demand is hard. Filling demand is easier. Don’t create a product, then seek someone to sell it to. Find a market – define your customers – then find or develop a product for them.”
- “If the challenge we face doesn’t scare us, then it’s probably not that important.”
- “Information is useless if it is not applied to something important or if you will forget it before you have a chance to apply it.”
- “To do the impossible, you need to ignore the popular.”
- “$1,000,000 in the bank isn’t the fantasy. The fantasy is the lifestyle of complete freedom it supposedly allows.”
If you haven’t already, please download our 25 Productivity Hacks that Will Help You Crush Every Single Day.