As any entrepreneur knows, there are great days — and not so great days.
There are days when everything’s going right, and days when the hill keeps getting steeper no matter how hard you run. And then there are those days when we all just need a little extra inspiration to help guide our efforts and keep us grounded. It’s on those days that I am all too happy to stumble upon (or actively seek out) words of inspiration, wisdom and encouragement.
I’ve selected ten of my favorite quotes from business leaders, fellow entrepreneurs, and even a famous fictional brawler. I invite you to share your favorite quotes about success and entrepreneurship in the comments section.
Here are my favorites:
1) “If you live for weekends or vacations, your shit is broken.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
2) “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” — Steve Jobs
3) “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” — Winston Churchill
4) “Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.” — Chinese Proverb
5) “A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle.” — Khalil Gibran
6) “Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re right.” — Henry Ford
7) “Workaholics aren’t heroes. They don’t save the day, they just use it up. The real hero is home because she figured out a faster way” ― Jason Fried
8) “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is, too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” — Tim Ferriss
9) “It’s not how hard you can hit, it’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.” — Rocky Balboa
10) “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” — Mark Twain